Hey Mom
Thanks so much for the great package! i sure loved it , and me and my companion are really enjoying the candy. Everything is going really well here mom. I cant believe time is going so fast. Gentrys already going on a mission ! thats pretty amazing! I am the one that felt like a million bucks with that package you guys sent with all of the cards. This last week was a tough one, Its been raining for 4 days straight! But besides that everythings is going good.This week we were asked to give a blessing for a guy that hasent eaten or talked for 5 days. He is pretty much waiting for death, i think he was depressed or something, but mom ive never seen anyone as close to death as that man did laying there. But i gave the blessing and i know that the spirit spoke through me. He didnt get up after the prayer or any great miracal like that, to tell you the truth i dont know what happened to him because we left right after the blessing. But i know that i left it up to him and the lord. I sure love you mom and im learning a lot here. Some hard lessons some times but its helping become who i must become.
Elder Rowland
Dad
Thanks so much for the great package! i absolutly loved it . I will be set for the rest of the mission now dad, Thanks so much for the sacrifice you guys made to put it together. Dad thanks so much for your continuing support. This past week, I have reflected a lot on death, and our lifes here on the earth. I had a question put infront of me in the book of mormon that asked , if you were to meet the strains of death in this very instant, would you be ready to meet your great lord and savior. ( Alma 5:27) And other things happened this week that has really troubled me . If i was scared to die, what it would be like , if i really am ready. I answered my question like this, These past few weeks i havent really thought that my work was good enough. I really dont know if i would be ready to meet my great lord and savior now. But i want to live so that i am more and more confident everyday. I thank you so much dad for your great support. You are pushing me so well. And tell the whole Rowland Family thank you so much for those wonderful cards. I loved them , Sounds like you had a great time at the family reunion. I love you Dad.
Elder Rowland
Ashley
Thanks so much for what you said. You probably do not know this but you recieved ispiration. I was being really troubled this last week because of death and things like that. Me and my companion were looking for this investigators house. and on the map he lived about at the end of the world. So we went there and on the way we saw the town cemetary. I have never seen something like that in my life. Everyone is buried above the ground, some people even have houses. But i noticed something about the feeling i felt there. I felt an emptyness. a weird feeling. And i started to think, how hard would it be to die? Am i ready? Am i sufficianty prepared. And then other things happened that week that was made me think even more in death. I am sincerlly greatful, for life after death. This life is tough, And like you said there are so many people that shape us into what we are today. I was reading about what happened to you, and as i was, i felt that you did the right thing ash. Dont worry, everything will turn out fine for you. There is so much happening in the world today ash, the advisary is increasing his forces. The lord needs you more than ever. It is tuff , this life, but it can be made so much lighter if the light of the gosple is in your life. I love you ash, im so proud of your dicision to serve, your very brave. Thank you for your example.
Elder Rowland
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment