Hey Family!
I am in the Provo MTC with 60+ other missionaries who are portuguese speaking. About 30 missionaries are here whose visas have not been approved yet. I was told that the problem is so great that several general authorities are working to resolve the Brazilan Visa issue.
I am in a triple companionship. Two other sisters were called to Brazil the same day as me. Sister Kempton, from Arizona, and Sister Olsen from Alaska. They are WAY fun! They are both going to Cuiaba
The first day here we droped our bags off at our room and didn't go back until 9:30! we have worked so hard already!
The food here is good! And all of the Elders stand up every time we sit down at the table. Its cool - but kinda embarrassing because like 60 Elders stand up and wait for us to sit down hahahaha. They always hold the doors for us too. It is cool. I've heard so many different languages here. Everyone says oi or hi to everyone they pass. It gets us comfortable with talking to other people i guess? Hahaa...i wish i had a problem with talking to people, i think my companions get sick of me saying hi to people I know. lol I've seen Sister Sain, and Sister Holmes is my roommate! Haha Crazy!
Ty - do you know an Elder Alvizo? An Elder Planck next to me says his friend is serving in Porto Alegre South. Ask him if he knows him haha.
Missionary work is never ending! It is fun though! I really am not home sick at all.
These elders next to me doing laundry and passing around pictures of their old girlfriends and it is so ridiculous. They are like rating the pictures and one kid was like "THis is my X, and another elder was like "Why?! Can I have that picture!?!" -Oh my word....
Well I need to change my laundry. Keep moving forward! I miss you and Love you All SOOOOO Much!
XxoOoXoXoOxXoxoXx
-Sister Ash
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment