Monday, January 31, 2011

email from Ashley

Hey guys, this week was very special. I am humbled to be serving the lord at this time in my life. I know he loves each one of us.
On Thursday we met a girl named Jessica, and we sat and talked with her and her mother about the gospel. They told us of many trials that they have passed through and we talked about hope. Friday we went back and her mom was busy preparing breakfast for Jessica's 2 kids.  That night, we recieved a text message from her and she said that her mother died. It was really sad. No one expected it. She is doing okay but my companion really took it rough.  Saturday, we were teaching a lesson with the most incredible family in the world ... i will tell you about them in a second... and we recieved a phone call that said the Bishops son choked on a grape and had passed away. He has 2 years.  Yesterday we had sacrament meeting and instead of classes we had the funeral. My companion has always had a hard time dealing with the separation; she woke me up each night this week and we moved our beds closer together. poor thing. She is a trooper. 
I love our savior. I felt his presence in the ward this week. I love the gospel. I love my calling.
I think i have decided what i want to do professionally when i get back.
 
So we are teaching an amazing family of 4!  Antonio, Roziane, Beatriz, and Amanda.  THey are absolutely incredible and everyone in the ward loves them. Many people thought they were members who moved into the ward because of the way they live. They sure spoil us, after every lesson they suprize us with a meal completely prepared. haha they are so amazed at the knowledge they have recieved these past few weeks.  I love this family so much.  We took them to meet another family we are teaching and their testimony and love for the gospel is so inspiring. They helped so much.   I sure am excited about the work here. I have so many great stories to tell you when i get back.   
It is very hot here and has rained (or flooded haha) every day. I am trying to develop the gifts of the spirit right now and i feel like i am much more close to the spirit. I feel constant help. It is so neat.   I love each of you deeply. Keep moving forward and keep up the good works! 
 
Love you all!
xoxoxo Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment