Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Elder Rowland April 15, 2009 - News about Grandpa Rowland

Dear Family


I Recived the news about grandpa early this morning. In a way i knew that i wouldnt have a grandpa Rowland when i returned home.
Early this morning while crying like a young boy, went into a room to be alone, to be away from everyone and everything. I couldnt stop crying. I couldnt help but think of all the things grandpa has done for me. When i think about my grandpa Rowland i realize how selfless he lived. Everything he did, he did to make someone else happy. He loved to see us happy, he loved to see us having fun. And he always wanted to include everyone. What a life we grandchildren lived. We had World War II Lives, We lived as Indians, We were mountain men, We had our very own real knifes. We lived lives that most children can only dream about.
I remember just before leaving the mission, dad, grandma, and i were talking with grandpa. Grandpa said something i will never forget. He said that he couldnt have asked for a better life. He said that this has been a life full of people that loved him. And that he was so thankful for the gosple of Jesus Christ that brought this happieness to him.
I love my grandpa Rowland so much. And i know that so many more shared that same love for him.
I got the opportunity to spend a few days with him before leaving to the Mission. I asked my Grandpa something that i had always wanted to ask him. Something so simple, but the answer ment everything to me. I asked, "Grandpa, if you have any advice for this life, what is it?"
He Said to me " You have had great parents who raised you into a great person, Just put the lord first in your life and thats about all i can give you."
Everywhere i went in salt lake that knew my grandpa and grandma said that they are the best kind of people. So down to earth. So full of love. I could say so much about them.
As i was thinking and crying about grandpa i had the desire to pray. As i was praying, i felt something so strong. The spirit calmed my soul, and i know, as i live and as i breath, i will see him again. I love a quote by Russell M Nelson " Death cannot sever families cealed in the temple, they understand death as a nessisary part of Gods great plan of happieness."
We will all see our Grandfather again, I know that this is true. And i will share this wonderful news with all those who will listen in the next year and a half. I love you all so much. And i promise that death is a nessisary part of this live. It is the only way to enjoy the blessings and treasures in the next life. Be comforted and Proud of the life Grandpa lived because the lord is indeed pleased with it.

Grandpa wrote me a letter, and the end of the letter has really touched me, he said " We are so proud of you Ty and we miss you a lot, It will be a great day when you come home, Keep up the good work my boy, we love you so much." - Love Grandpa.

I think that the day we all come home will be a great day. I think that the lord has said that same thing for all of us. It was a wonderful day in heaven, i know that so many took our grandpa Rowland in their arms rejoicing, for coming home.
Thanks for all that you are doing.
Love
Elder Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment