Dear Tyler and Ashley Two weeks ago I conducted and bore my testimony about how blessed I am and how the lord has blessed me with a great family. I talked about how when I was a kid me Rob and my friends Jeff and John had decided to hike the
mountain in front of our house, from the
front yard we could see this rock at the top of this mountain and decided the next morning to hike to it, we started out early and hiked most of the day, it was steep and hard going in places and we thought
about turning back several times, but as we kept going the rock at the top got closer and closer so we pushed on, finally we arrived at this rock, we were so high on the mountain you could see all over the Salt Lake valley, it was awesome to look back and see where our journey had started, and how far we had come. but as we climbed on top of this rock we were sorley disappointed, we realized we had not even scratched the surface of this mountain, that it continued on and on for miles and miles of more and more steep terain. it looked to us that it would take weeks to climb to what looked from our view the true top of this mountain. we are all climbing this gospel mountain in this life hoping to find the top, sometimes we hike and the climbing is steep and hard only to find we have a lot further to go.I love you both so much for the hike you are on with your lives, I know you are both well on your way to the top of a great mountain and you will reach the top because of your faithfulness and persistence. all of us will get there someday, it does get hard and rocky at times and you do feel like turning back, but we must not, we must enjoy the hike and take time to look back and see how far we have come and say well done! and then keep moving upward and on ward.I love my life with my kids and your Mom, I hope your enjoying this part of your mountain and that your giving it all you have. so at the end of it you can look back and see you truly have done something awesome. I love you guy's so very very much, I hope you have a wonderful week full of challenges and blessings, you can do it, and do it well. I love you. Dad....
No comments:
Post a Comment