Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sister Rowland's great cockroach adventure

So last night!! I killed THE BIGGEST COCKROACH i have ever seen. it was so sick. it was so fast and would run and hide under stuff. i was not going to be able to sleep until that thing was DEAD hahahaha. it was so funny. me and my companion were screaming every time it would run and it ran behind my bedpost. i slid the bed out to get it and it stayed there. so i pushed it back and it caught its nasty antenni in between the wall and the bed post but its body wasn~´t squished. it was squirming around and freaking out and all we could do for about 30 seconds was sit there looking at it screaming hahahahahaha. so then i finally got the courage to step on it and i squished it as hard as i could. we decided to clean it up in the morning and took some pictures hahaha. then as we were putting the room back together it started freaking out AGAIN!!!!!!! we screamed at it again for another 20 seconds and i moved the bed and it crawled over by me. not as fast cause he was halfway dead but i jumped up and steped on it as hard as i could until i knew he was long gone. my heart was racing hahahahaha it was the funniest sickest craziest experience ever!
I went to bed with the creepy crawlies and layed there for a little while thinking WHAT AM I DOING HERE? That DID NOT just HAPPEN! (tony barney style) And then, i came to the amazing conclusion that there is no way i would be here doing this right now if i didn]t know that this gospel is ABSOLUTELY 100% true. That cockroach was soooo nasty! and i have a lot more to experience i am sure. But i was happier than i have ever been because I really do know that I know it IS TRUE.

Tell anyone who doubts in the truthfullness of the gospel that There is no way i (Ashley Rowland) would leave ..wait..THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD LEAVE: my family, the people i love, the beautiful town i am from, the many friends i love, the luxuries of home, a car, and even snow
FOR THIS: christmas with a nasty cockroach, surrounded by a language i don´t really understand in living conditions definately considered 3rd world in America, IF I DID NOT KNOW THAT THE GOSPEL WAS TRUE.
There is no doubt in my mind that this may be one of the best christmases of my life because I HAVE THAT KNOWLEDGE - i may not have anything else i am used to, but I have a knowledge that Heavenly Father loves me and all of us. He REALLY wants all of us to return home. I am sorry for those of you at home who have everything i don´t have right now - yet dont understand this. I hope you will think about the blessing you have to have a little knowledge about the gospel. If you don´t understand something -FIND OUT WHY and SEEK TO UNDERSTAND IT.

CHERISH THE THINGS YOUR PARENTS TAUGHT YOU. Parents here basically teach their kids that getting drunk and dancing is happiness. That is all there is to look forward to in life. THERE IS SO MUCH MORE FOR US TO LOOK FORWARD TO THAN BAD HABITS AND OLD SINS . I want to invite you all to pick something right now you want to change and DO IT! FIX IT! Don´t waste time with things you don´t need. ALL I NEED is a LOVING FAMILY and the knowledge of Heavenly Father´s plan for me to return to him. What else do we really need?

Thanks for all you do for me. I love you so much and i am more grateful for you than ever. Please do a good job and remember the things you know in your heart.
I love you Fam!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
Beijinos!!!
-Sister Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment