Monday, February 22, 2010

Ashley's email

Hey dad! thank you so much!
 
The food here is just as that cute sister at temple square said "You will love the food!" Really it is delicious! Rice and beans with meat - usually chicken in this area - lots of beef and pork too - pasta, salad, potatoes, jello, always a dessert...ice cream or brazilian desserts....it is fabulous!!!!
I got the christmas package this week!!!! The day after my Birthday hahaha. I gave a cookie to a couple of elders and they opened it and almost ate it. I was about to open one and I looked at it and we realized they were MOLDY all at the same time! It was soooooo sad. we were so excited to eat them! American cookies!!!!! hahahaha but it is okay. IT was really funny!
I got sick this week...I think from the chocolate in the package!!! Sad huh!! I threw up in a members house. It was horrible....I was embarrassed. I couldnt explain exactly how i was feeling, they were worried it was something else -it was quite funny.. Everything is okay though. I felt much better after i got it all out you know?
 
Thanks for the quote dad! It was exactly what i needed. President Hinkley was so inspired!!! I truly do think of all of the prayers that are being offered for the missionaries daily. I remember you pointing out to me that they mention the missionaires in every prayer when we were in the salt lake temple dad. I think about that experience often, and Mom I think of my endowment session often when you were there every step of the way helping me. Thank you so much for all you two wonderful parents have done for me. I love each of you dearly. You dont even know.
I love this scripture - Mosiah 2:17 I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when yea are in the service of your felow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
 
I know heavenly father is very pleased with the way you have raised your little family. He wants others to use the same principles to raise their family. I wish i could give you a great big hug right now to show you how truly grateful I am for everything that you have done for me and taught me. But it probably is a good thing I can´t give you a hug right now, because I wouldnt want to let go of you two! You are amazing! keep it up!
 
Thank the kids for the birthday wishes! I loved them!!!! You all are the BEST
 
I love you all to pieces. -Did you get my letters yet???
Gotta go. All my love!!!!
Sister Ash
xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. hello! My name is Jacqueline, frequent the chapel Golf Out I am a member of the church! and already had the opportunity to serve lunch to the lovely Lady, this sister is very sweet and caring, speaks our language very well, and I liked having the opportunity to meet this blog, also have a sister on a mission in Brazil she is six months in Rio de Janeiro and groom her in this mission has a year and four months in Porto Alegre North, I am very happy to be a member of this church and have the gospel in my life I know that this is the true church Jesus Christ and that these people are representatives of Christ on earth, then do what I can to make the stay of my sisters in the city more enjoyable, helping them and always giving my best in their lunches and activities. you for everything. and kissing his family and Sister Rowland!
    ps I can not speak English very well so forgive me for possible errors in grammar and placement of words.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete