I didnt know there was an earthquake!!! hahaha - apparently i didn't feel it.
So this week was really great! we baptized twins this week, Rachel and Isaque. They are super cute. Their family are all members. This week in church a sister gave an invitation to everyone to think about someone they know who could use some help through the gospel.
I found myself thinkin about all of the times at home i was invited to do this. NUMEROUS times. Almost every sunday. Everytime I had a face of someone come to mind. And almost every time I said - oh she wouldn't like it, he would think i was weird...things like that. For some reason we decide they aren't ready before we even ask them. I am really ashamed i passed up so many opportunities to share what i had with the people that came to my mind. Perhaps it was a lack of testimony. I wanted the easy road. It would be hard to exit my comfort zone and invite them to be a closer friend and come back to church. Thoughts of doubts always filled my mind. I am certain that this was Satan. My heart is aching because those people who came to mind through all those years and moments are still lost. Those people STILL are waiting for someone to help them. They still havens been invited back as far as i know. I am here thinking about them, and they are at home, still struggling...They have agency of course. But it is hard to return alone.
I know that each of us have people placed in our minds for a reason. I know that we each havve DIFFERENT people placed in each of our minds- because the lord knows everything. He knows what they need. He knows who can help them best. Do not make the same mistake I made. Do not let doubts get in your way. Pray for help to know what to say. When someone comes to your mind -you can be sure that it is a prompting from the lord. If you ask for his help to act on it, i promise, he will bless you with courage, wisdom, and the opportunity you need to help them. You have the potential. I know it. Heavenly Father knows it, and you know it. Deep down you know you should help them. Let go of your fears, push Satan aside. Dont let him hold you down with doubts. Think of the big picture. Imagine life after this and the joy you will have when you look into their eyes and shake their hand.
I miss the office! I miss my home! I miss my beautiful family! But the reality is - I love it here. It is so fulfilling to bear your testimony and help someone else gain their own of the power and divinity of this life. -Last Sunday i was at a new ward members house and they asked me how much time i had. I said 2 months and they said oh what a pity you leave in 2 months. and i said no, i only have been here 2 months. and they couldn't believe it! They were so amazed with my language skills hahahahaha. they thought id been here over a year. so that's goood! woo hooo people understand me! I love you all so much. pictures are coming.
take care this week! keep up the good work!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment