Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ashley's email

So dad...I am so glad it is the REAL you...hahahaha I thought about you a lot this week because the bishop is having problems with people accepting callings. I remembered you getting home late one night -preoccupied and worried about the people in the ward. I saw you when I looked at the bishop. It sure is difficult when people cant see the vision you can. But you always trusted in the lord and knew that he was preparing a way for everything to work out. I talked about your example with the bishop and he said that one day he wuold like to meet you. Who knows! I said.    So thanks for your example dad. I look up to you and think about you in your mission. How grateful I am to have a righteous family with a father who isnt afraid to teach correct principles and stick to his guns once in a while.  Satan is doing all he can to confuse the path of righteousness and justify sin. He knows our family is on the right path...and he is pretty livid. Dont give him any advantage....I know you already know how to defeat him, but read the scriptures with the boys and mad daily and help them establish an unshakeable habit of scriptures and prayers so that he cant get to them.  You did a great job with me, but I was lazy...I said I read sometimes when I really didnt and said I prayed sometimes when I hadnt been praying for a few months. I admit it now and I am truly sorry that I didnt take advantage of all those opportunities to talk to my father in heaven.    
 
have a super week okay? Make some plans and new goals this week as a family for me and tell me how it goes.
 
p.s. interviews in the mission is one of my favorite days because I think of all the things I learned when you interviewed me as i was growing up. .. You all are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment