Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ashley's email

So this week has been awesome - here are some pictures..
we had a ward party...night of desserts!! it was yummy....
here are the winners and the desserts haha
 
Rowland Paper Airplanes!!!! Famous here in Brazil now....
 
I got to go to the temple last week and it was so great! It is beautiful...It is cold here winter time but it doesnt look like it huh?
 
We also had stake conference this weekend
It was broadcast to all the stakes in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo
 
This week i learned something so awesome!!!
 
THINGS WE DO
1. essentials
2. necessities
3. ...i´ll call this one enjoyables...
 
Essentials are things that MUST BE DONE on a daily basis to gain Our Salvation
These things are -Personal Prayer  -Scripture Study   -Seek Personal Revelation   -Repentance  and on Sunday   -Take the Sacrament   -----ESSENTIALS ARE:  THINGS THAT SAVE US-----
 
Necessities Things that WE NEED to be free from worries
These things are -Support your companion (spouse)  -Clean your house  -Be auto-sufficient  -Serve others and -Develop your talents   ---NECESSITIES ARE: THINGS THAT MAKE US BETTER---
 
Enjoyables Things that ARE GOOD to do   (Enjoyable)
These things are -Hobbies   -Vacations   -Recreation  -Entertainment
---ENJOYABLES ARE: THINGS THAT MAKE THIS LIFE ENJOYABLE OR COMPLICATED
 
When this list of things to do is applied in this order (essentials necessities and then enjoyables) Life works PERFECTLY
But when this list is inverted (enjoyables, necessities, and then essentials) Life is  COMPLICATED
 
Before my mission, I lived with these things inverted. The essentials were at the bottom of the list. I hope that you can believe me, that I know that when the essentials are done every day, the angels are with us, we recieve promised blessings, and life is always sunny. I know this church is true, that heavenly father loves each one of you. I love and pray for each one of you DAILY>>> I know that the book of mormon is true, because I wanted to know for myself. I promise if you pray to know it is true, you will know. I have seen this miracle change the lives of so many people here. It can happen for you too...just let it happen. Desire to know. I´m sorry I wasnt stronger when I was at home with you all. Im sorry I wasted time doing things that dont matter (cell phone...text messages...listening to music) instead of talking with you and enjoying the time i had with you all. I promise not to let it ever happen again when i get back!!!! I have a testimony and I am grateful for each one of you!! You have no idea, but the people of brazil already know practically everything about you and eveyone here is super jealous that I have such an awesome family. They all want to meet you because they know you all are superstars and huge examples in my life. I talk about at least one of you everyday. I love you all so much. NEXT YEAR I`LL BE BACK to enjoy the reunion!!! Time flies... I love you -have a great week. if you need anything -i am only an email and a weeks wait away!!!!
 
 
I love you all. hope you have a wonderful reuinon and i sure will miss being there with you all...
Who is reading the book of mormon????
Send me pictures and love notes okay?!?!?!?!?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment