Monday, July 26, 2010

Ashley's email

Hey guys! That is so great that you went to the cabin. I was looking at the pictures last night of our last cabin trip...This week was really special. I will send pictures next week but this week we had 4 baptisms. Fabio - who is the son of Nice who was baptized recently. And Lilian Gustavo and Felipe.... Lilian was my very first investigator here in brazil. It has been 7 months since i first met her, but i always knew how special she is. She reminds me a lot of mom!! Nice also was one of my first investigators. How sad i was to leave the area the first time, because i knew of the potential they had. What a blessing and tender mercy it has been to see their hearts change and to watch them enter the waters of baptism. These are two families that i will never forget. Fransisco will be next. He is nice´s husband... it wont be long...
 
Jess, i really liked that story. Youare the best. I know how that girl feels....it is easy to think that we are failures if we dont measure up to others standards. But i know if we do our best and endure to the end we will be happy with our efforts and time spent making good choices in the end. Nothing is more sweet than true satisfaction in a job well done.  Youve got to be honest with yourself and prepare well but through this true success is definately possible.
 
This week i remembered MR> HOBBS hahahahaha How grateful i am for that old beatup car. The memories that were made during that time in my life will forever be in my heart.,..as in yours as well. I am grateful for the opportunity to SACRIFICE.  It has changed my life completely         and nothing can compare with the joy we can have as we let go of things that dont really matter in order to gain eternal blessings.
I have seen sacrifice changes many lives here in brazil and what a wonderful experience it has been. I am glad we sacrificed things, because I can share our stories with the people here to strengthen their resolve! It has been so neat!
 
I know you are doing well. I know the lord is blessing our family tremendously!  Keep up the good work. Choose the right DAILY. 
 
Here are some little things I learned this week that I stuck on the wall next to the picture of my marvelous family.....
 
Prepare yourselves daily
Seek to Improve Regularly
 to
Recieve direction from the Holy Ghost
and to See the blessings in your life
 
 
FOLLOW THE SPIRIT
SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES
KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS
and APPLY WHAT YOU LEARN
 
I encourage each of you to write this down and stick them on your wall or mirror where you will see them often. We need the direction of the spirit each day in our lives...
Please pray for my investigators this week. Pray for them more than you pray for me. Remember them in each prayer. I know the lord will answer your prayers and mine.
 
KEEP MOVING FORWARD ROWLANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week.
-Sister Rowland
 
 
p.s. cottonwood ward rocks!
Thanks for the letters YounG Women!!!!! I love you all and pray for you!  Keep being examples to all those around you and never forget that you are beloved daughters of our Heavenly Father. He desires for you to complete this life successfully. Listen to your parents and your leaders and stand for truth and righteousness and you will be successful and happy during these challenging teenage years. I love you all. P.s. emma...i am happy you could use my dress!!! I am positive you were one of the prettiest there!!! And not because of the dress....but because of the girl in the dress! Have a great week girls! Keep up the good work, and remember me and my investigators in your prayers okay???
- Show quoted text -
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment