Friday, July 16, 2010

boy - this week i have recieved a true testimony of prayer. This week, i think i recieved a zillion answers to a zillion prayers. I recieved a new companion. SIster nunes dos santos. Next week i´ll send a picture because right now i dont have a ton of time. But she is great. We are practically twins. She is from a small town like ours -2 high schools - 4 grocery stores - hahaha 1 university. it is insane all of the similarities. She has been in the mission 3 months and i am her 2nd companion. She is really excited to work and is always willing to try new things. One thing that I thnk is awesome is that she has an incredible testimony. She is here to do all she can and this attitude changes lives. I wish i had time to tell you all of the wonderful little things that happened to us but you will get to read about this week in my journal when i get back to know all of the blessings and tender mercies we recieved. We are already best friends and we feel strength and the power of the spirit with us every day. What a wonderful thing it is to have someone by your side that is creative, happy, and reliant on the guidance of the spirit.
 
I sure miss each one of you - I loved the emails today...logan i sure laughed about that time in my car when i was checkin out my teeth....i laughed so hard my companion and other sister thought i was crazy and i told them about what happened and they were like wow, your little brother is hilarious.  russ, you could have been killed!!! hjahahaha just kidding but wow that lightning is nuts! remember how we would play tennis together?? I thought about that the other day, and it made me smile. Also, my companion love the story about ladies, i have two arms. jesse boy - nothing is as special as the feeling of forgiveness sweeping over you and the love of our heavenly father encircling you as you ask for forgiveness. I was strengthened by your experience and I know exactly how you feel buddy. Way to go. You are great! (i am crying....dang. everyone things i am crazy) hahaha but its okay, i love you so much.  Maddy gooser - - why i outta....hahahaha "Sister Rowland, I think you need to learn a principle" -my president once said that to me as i was telling him about how much I love you and how sorry i was that i didnt treat you good. he said " so, sometimes we have to loose something to learn the value and love we really had for it." I am sad to say that I had to loose much more than my hair to realize how much I love and appreciate you as my sister. And one thing that mom and dad always taught us was that "The most important things in life, arent things."   I never had your talent for quoting movies, but remember in the Old version of Little Women, when jo cuts all her hair off? Her mom says something really beautiful to Jo about how her hair will grow back, but she will never be as beautiful.....blah blah ....i dont remember....watch it and listen and just think about the things that matter and dont.  Dont try to be somebody else....You are so special and beautiful exactly the way you are sis. I love you more than you know -and I miss you like the dickens.... uh? what the???? hahahaha is your new boyfriend a waiter???? Good for you mad, just strengthen your testimony right now and the lord will prepare you for the man of your dreams. I love you mad, have a great week. Say your prayers everyday and the lord will give you everything you seek. I learned this this week. Please go read these 2 scriptures, you will love them! They sure helped me a lot!!!  3 nephi 14;7-8   2 nephi 32:4 Love you to death meem! Keep moving forward! and SEND ME A PICTURE THIS WEEK>  I want to see how much you have all changed....please send me pictures....if you dont i wont email you next week hahahahaha just kidding...but seriously - send me some pictures.
 
 
Mom and dad- thank you so much for all you have given me. positive attitude, the value and importance of hard work, initiative....copasthetic? hahahaha I love you so much. I know heavenly father knew just what i needed in parents and he blessed me with everything he had!  I know that you guys are doing good! President jackson gave a fireside last night and it reminded me so much of home. thanks for the family nights and for the family prayers and scripture study hahahahahaha . wasnt perfect sometimes but sure made a huge gigantic difference in my life!!! love you all so much.
-sister rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment