Monday, December 13, 2010

to Cottonwood Ward

Dear Cottonwood Ward


Merry Christmas to all and a great big hug from Sister Rowland in Brazil. I thank each one of you for the prayers and sacrifices offered in my behalf. These past few days I have been reflecting in all the ways I was prepared to serve here.

I want to send you all my love. I feel so grateful for the many kind acts of service that I recieved from many of you during my life. I recieved a small piece of information this week from my mission president in response to my last report i sent him. He said the following
"No effort in righteousness will go unrewarded in eternity - that is, everything good that we do has an effect, whether we see it or not. Be consistent in all that you do and attend to the seemingly small things and you will be amazed at what the Lord is doing and will do - for you and for the work."

I know that this is true. I am certain that the lord is working miracles in each of your lives this Christmas season. Tender mercies and kind acts are quite common this time of year. I remember when we would go and do baptisms for the dead as a Christmas present to Christ. I know that these special trips strengthened me and also helped very special people in the spirit world. As you share with others gifts for Christmas , dont hesitate to share your testimony and love for them and for the gospel. I love you all deeply. I pray for you daily, and I think of The Cottonwood Ward often! Merry Christmas

With Love -Sister Rowland!

No comments:

Post a Comment