Monday, January 31, 2011

Dad's email to Ashley

January 26, 2011Hello Ashley


well it has been an emotional day for me. I was released after six years serving in the cottonwood ward bishopric. I can honestly say I feel at peace with my efforts and sevice to the lord. I tried to serve him and did the best I could. I felt this same feeling when I finished my mission, got married in the temple, and other times when I did things the right way, I know you will have that same approval from the lord when you finish your mission and return home. I remember when I first got called to the bishopric, Grandma and Grandpa came down and said you need a suit if your going to be in the bishopric, and they took me to JC Pennys and bought me two new suits I told that story today in my testimony and how Im still trying to live up to their example and teachings in my life. I wore one of grandpa's old ties today in rememberance of him and his effect in my life. I still miss him greatly and love him with all my heart. we had a scare with CHANCE our dog this week, we have all grown very fond of him like with Hogan and Rocky, he is one of us and part of the family, his gash was incredible, how he lived thru it was amazing, he just lays around getting all kinds of special attention from everyone, I was sitting with him yesterday telling him that he had to make it thru this so he could meet you. I told him all about you and he seemed to listen and I think he is excited to meet you soon.it seemed to give him a good reason to fight and pull thru. Logan came home and said I dont know what happening OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF, "dumb and dumber" it was funny how he said it. He did really good in his Snow Canyon game 5 three pointers and a lay up for 17 points. he's doing really well. Russ's team is undefeated and he plays point guard and is playing great too. Jesse is knocking down mostly staight A's. they are all doing so good and doing well spiritually. I guess Ty and Leslie are looking to a November wedding. Well I will let someone else email, I love you Ash, We pray For you everyday, and hope you have a successful week, way to go on those baptisms, I wish I could meet them All. tell them I said hello and that the gospel is worth every effort, because of the true joy it will bring into their lives... I love you honey. DAD




No comments:

Post a Comment