Friday, December 31, 2010

email from Oct

Hey guys! sounds like everything is just heaven there!!!


Mom i sure loved the quote that you sent!! I know that it is a fact, because I have seen this in my own life. I am grateful that you can benefit from my good old days from seminary!

I would like a favor - dad or mom, i would like the recipe for the homemade chicken noodle soup and the noodles if you could type it up and email it ASAP that would be awesome!

Tyler, my old companion sister assunção is serving in an area where your old companion served. i dont remember his name, but she said that he said you are an aweome person and that you were zone leaders together!
Hahahaha daddy you are the best....i love you so much and i know that Heavenly father is very proud of the family you have raised. I am proud to be your little girl. I still hope... as i did when i was talking with mommy as a little girl...to marry someone as special as you! Mom - i know you are an elect and special daughter of heavenly father. i know he loves you and prepared you and blessed you greatly because of all of the fabulous and righteous choices you made as a young girl. Nothing is greater than my desire to follow in your footsteps and be the kind of mother you are!


Well Russell!!!! I had a dream about you last night! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE BROTHER - BEET ROOT ONSTABEE RAT RAT FUSSELL ahhahaa... I hope you still have your little hymn book. Go and read what i wrote to you last year. Know that i feel the same still and that i love you and miss you even more than i did last year!!! I dont have much money, but i will bring you something great. I love you more than anything.


Jesse boy... how the heck was sadies... what did you guys do for the date and what did you dress up like? i remember how great the dances were back in the days. take advantage of every second of high school because it is almost 5 years since i graduated....what the heck, i am an old geezer! but it sure flys by fast!!! Keep your standards and help others live righteously and you wont have any regrets!

Logan - remember that time i picked you up from your basketball game? You were way ticked because your team lost. I tried to cheer you up but it wasnt working. So i asked you "What was the score?' and you said 40 - 15. I said oh thats rough....How many points did you have??? and i remember you looked at me and said

15!!!! hahaha i never laughed so hard. you were so disappointed that your team lost that you forgot to tell me that you made all of the points haha... life is like that sometimes.


I have learned here in the mission the importance of teamwork. Even though sometimes no one else seems to be making baskets, their influence on the court still counts. Somebody gave you a good pass, or blocked one of the advisery. Sometimes people are feeling so crummy about themselves that they dont feel like taking a shot, or doing something new. It can be a real bummer, especially when you set everything up perfectly -to give them a chance to feel the joy that comes from a "SWISH" But the thing is you have got to do is give others the opportunity, set things up for them again and again, because what matters isnt if they make the basket or not, it is if they feel confident in themselves enough to make a good decision. SHOOT IT! as dad always said from the sidelines... Keep moving forward...as you say.

I know that the saying is true about you can never make a basket if you dont shoot it. and you get better with each hit or miss. you learn, you grow, and you become grateful for those special people as you think back, who unselfishly gave you the chance of a lifetime. Who set things up for YOUR BENEFIT. -and i know that as you are the one who sets good things up for others, that your skills and talents are sharpened as well!

That is my basketball talk for the day and even though i never liked playing bball - i sure learned a lot from watching you guys all those years! Thanks so much for your dedication and love guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment