So wow! This week went by so fast!! Today is P day and we got to go to the temple. The provo temple is really nice. We did an endowment session. I don't remember what i told you about the MTC so far. So my companions are Sister Kempton from Arizona and Sister Olsen from Alaska. Sister Olsen's Visa came through and she is flying to Brazil on Tuesday. Hopefully the rest of the 100 + visa wait-ees will get theirs soon too!
I get to talk in church on sunday in portuguese! I can't talk in english! it is going to be hard but i'm super excited! I know how to pray in portuguese now. it is cool! I don't pray in english anymore. We also have learned how to bear our testimony in portuguese. It is going good. I still have things i need to learn though.
I love you all so much!!! I am not homesick at all, but I have been finding Maddy's movie quote notes everywhere and it makes me miss the good times we have had together quoting movies and giving each other a hard time. I miss each one of you in Different ways.
RUss--Thanks so much for that little green guy! I have it next to my bed and it makes me smile every time i see it.
Jess- Thanks so much for the letter. It made me cry!
Maddy - Where in the world? i have found like 20 notes in the most random places! It is AWESOME! Thank you so much for thinking of that! It makes it so fun! I get so excited when I find one!!!
I have letters started to all of you - I will get them sent as soon as possible!!!
We taught the 2nd lesson to a fake investigator! It is kinda difficult to teach with 2 companions cause the rhythm can get confusing but I love my companions. They are both really cute. Sis Kempton is quiet, but when Sis Olsen flies out Sis Kempton will get to say more!
I know that I was kinda bummed that I was coming here but I know that Heavenly Father has my needs in mind. I am really learning HOW to teach through some really tough situations - with fake investigators - but I know how now. I'm glad I was able to pick it up so fast. It really is about getting to know them and addressing their needs... Which comes pretty easy for me! I have learned how to do that well through watching you mom and dad. You guys are great examples of looking for ways to help people.
Anyways gotta go! Love you all! Bye!
p.s. i'll send pictures SOOON when i have more time!
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment