Thanks so much for the wonderful emails you write every week , It absolutly lifts my spirits. I was really surprized that you guys talked so much this week about the atoning sacrafice of our savior. I had a really neat experiance that helped me understand from a very small point of view , how great the atonment is to me. I was at a wedding of one of our members and they told us that there would be pizza and cake afterwords at this really nice Resturant. And it was really good and satisfying to the tast. I enjoyed it so much. But after about 10 pieces of pizza, I realized that i would have to pay for it,( Because people around me started taking about the price) I started to get a bit worried and it got worse every second.. Because of doctor appointments and check ups i and my companion did not have very much money to pay the price. Actually I knew that my companion didnt have any money at all... I started to panic and started to plan who could lend me the amount needed to pay the price. As our 9:30 obedience mark closened i had no choice but to get up and pay the the amount i had on my card would be enough...( though i knew that it wasnt ) As i was walking to the cash register, someone said "elder, I will Pay your bill." I was astonished and i didnt know what to do, but before i could do anything , he took the note out of my hand and my companions to pay our bill. This was a man that i barley knew , he wasnt even part of our ward. But he paid the price for me.
I started to think a lot about what had just happened. I realized that it fits perfectly in the atonment and how it works. We are not able to pay the price nor do we know how much it is, but someone paid the price for all of our sins. Had i not decided to be obidient to the rules of the mission i doubt that that man would have offered to pay our bill. In the same way , we must pay the price that the savior expects, which is in our reach. One of the most imortant things is that we must except, is that we are not able to pay and we must accept the terms that he has set. We do this through true sorrow and whilingness to repent and do better. And if we do all this, we will have the exact reaction that i had. Amazment and wonder, as to the love that the savior offers you and me, even if we do not know him well. I know that he lives and i will share this great news with as many people as i can in these last few months that i have in the lords vinyard.
I love you all so much and i want to all to know that i am doing just great. I love the work and i do not know how i am going to get on that plane in 3 months... someone will have to shoot me in the arm with a tranquilizer gun...
Elder Rowland
No comments:
Post a Comment