Monday, October 18, 2010

Ashley latest email

I love my family
Ashley Amber Rowland to rowlandbunch@gmail.com
11:54am

How blessed we are to be here - at this point in our lives. What a tender week this will be. I am so proud of my Tyler boy - I am not sure he will ever know of the impact he has had on my life. I thank Heavenly Father so much for giving me the opportunity to serve in the same country as him during the same time period. Ty taught me and lifted me up with each email and experience he shared. I am so grateful for all of you guys too. It is incredible how much the emails of friends and family inspire me to do my best.
 
This week was rough - One of the most difficult of my mission. How grateful I am for free agency. For Christ. He was my rock this week. The waves crashed and the storm raged, but the difficulties and trials passed. The sun came back out, and the light of the gospel is shining a little stronger, a little brighter in my eyes. Mom - I remembered your famous words this week!  anytime there´s work to be done and you think there´s too much to do for one, do yourself a favor - do it yourself. Thanks so much mom. I am also grateful for the scripture that I remember hearing for the first time as my daddy was teaching me by my bed. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.  This week, i fought, I prayed, i worked, and i chose faith instead of doubt.  I testify that our Heavenly Father loves us, and answers every single prayer we say. He leaves the work to us, but makes the impossible  ..easy.
 
I know the lord is very pleased with the service of my younger brother. I pray that I can serve as he did. With all his heart, might, mind and strength.
DANE WOMACK taught and baptized my District Leader - Elder Amauri da Silva  - this week we were talking and he said that he recieved a letter from dane a year ago saying that I would be serving in the same mission as him.  Tell Dane way to go next time you see him. It is so neat to see the fruits of the mission....
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Rowland Family - I love your sweet missionaries! I have enjoyed reading their emails and hearing of their successes and how their testimonies have been strengthened over the course of their missions. I can't wait to see Tyler and hear him report his mission! I still look forward to "following" Ashley, too! Your family is such a great example to me. All of you are great people. Thanks for sharing a little bit of them with me. Love, Pam Smith

    ReplyDelete